Adam Walsh Lives On

I do not own rights to this photo



I’ll never forget this story; where I was when I first heard it, and how it made me feel.

I lived in Evansville, IN, I was in H.S., on a summer break going into Senior year, my mom and I were at Sears when I heard the announcement that Adam Walsh was missing playing on one of the store tv’s.

I just remember holding my breath for the two weeks he was missing, praying to God
this 6 year old kid would be found alive, & later gasping for air as I learned his severed
little head had been found in a canal. I was in agony for the family, agony for us all. 

This was one of those defining moments in my life where the innocence of my youth was no longer shielded behind rose colored glasses. I was still too young to understand this kind of evil (I suppose I will always be too young to understand), but at 16, I was old enough to know none of us are immune.

On July 27, 1981, the date Adam Walsh was abducted, there were no coordinated efforts set in place by law enforcement, no Amber Alerts or Hotline for Missing Children. John Walsh & his wife recall feeling alone, they later became activists for missing children. John went on to cofound The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children & a few years later hosted “Americans Most Wanted”.  John & his son currently host "In Pursuit With John Walsh" on the ID channel. 

May we never forget - Adam Walsh 11/14/1974 - 7/27/1981
                               

Wishing you LOVE, PEACE & HOPE in this harsh world ♥☮


Kjirsten aka Concerned Hippie Chick 


Copyright © 2019 Kjirsten Randall. All Rights Reserved


Comments